The fire started at a home off of Highway 43 near Cherokee City.
Benton County Fire Marshal, Marc Trollinger, tells KNWA that one woman died in the fire, and the victim's grandson was also in the home when the blaze began.
"(He) did escape the fire, and was transported to the local hospital with some minor burns and other injuries," Trollinger says.
"Anytime you use some kind of an alternative heating source, like wood stoves or anything, smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are very important to have," he says
The body was sent to the State Medical Examiner's Office to determine a cause of death.
According to the Benton County Sheriff's Office, Gentry, Highfill and Gravette Fire Crews assisted with the fire.
Kelvin Boyle was taken by ambulance to Siloam Springs Hospital to be treated for burns he sustained in the fire.
After it was put out, The Benton County Sheriff's Office, Fire Marshall and Coroner's office began an investigation into the fire and death.
The preliminary investigation determined the fire may have started in the attic near the chimney of a wood burning stove and was likely accidental.
Joyce Boyle's body will be taken to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for identification purposes.