In this week's Your Health, we're talking joint pain.
1) I am a runner and have arthritis of the knee. I want to continue running, is there a treatment to prevent the arthritis from progressing?
2) I have pain and swelling in my knees and difficulty walking. How do I know when I should get knee replacement?
3) How do I know if I am a good candidate for a partial knee replacement as opposed to a total knee replacement?
4) What are the major and/or most frequent complications of joint surgery?
5) Is the skill and experience of the orthopaedic surgeon more important than the device or procedure?
6) What are the pros and cons of minimally invasive (mini-incision) surgery? Does it really make a meaningful difference in the result, or does it pose unnecessary risks?