Kris Allen and wife Katy are recovering from injuries suffered in a head-on car crash Tuesday night. Kris posted a photo to his Instagram account early this afternoon of his apparently totaled SUV.
That's according to posts on Twitter by the Arkansas singer and his mom Kimberly Allen.
It wasn't noted where the crash happened, but social media posts by others say the accident happened around nine o'clock in Maumelle.
A tweet from Allen's mother showed a photo of her son in bandages on a hospital bed.
Kris, 27, later updated fans on his own Twitter account and added more news, announcing that wife Katy is expecting their first child.
Kimberly Allen tweeted:
- "From Kris: he's in a lot of pain, arm broke, may not play guitar for a while. Prayers welcome please!"
- "Kristopher and Katy are both pretty beat up but ALIVE! Thank you Jesus! They are setting his arm now and will have surgery tomorrow."
- Thank you @ford for equipping me with a car that kept my whole family @katyallen @ZorroPup and the little one we have on the way safe.
- Yes I got in a really bad wreck tonight and yes I'm having a lil baby. #gonnabeadaddy
- Don't worry everyone I may have broken my wrist but the #OutAliveTour is still on.
Kris rose to fame three years ago when he won American Idol Season 8.