With the flu taking over this winter season, the American Red Cross is sharing tips on how to stay healthy.
These are a few easy ways to help prevent getting the flu:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing, and throw the tissue away after use. If a tissue isn't available, cough or sneeze into the elbow, not the hands.
- Wash your hands often, especially after coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand-rub.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- And lastly, stay home if you are sick!
For a complete list of ways to keep the flu away from you, click here.