Did you know...
- ... that Oreo has a street named after it? Oreo Way in New York City, where the first Oreo cookie was made at the original Nabisco bakery.
- ...the first Oreo cookie was sold in Hoboken, New Jersey? Grocers only had to pay $0.30 per pound for Oreos.
- ...that Oreos were once called "Oreo Biscuits?" They're now referred to as "Oreo Sandwiches."
- ...that Oreos can be found in more than 100 countries? The snack brings in $1.5 billion in global annual revenues. The biggest markets for Oreos include the U.S., China, Venezuela, Canada, and Indonesia.
- ...that Oreos come in different flavors in different countries? In China, you can find green tea Oreos, In Indonesia they have blueberry Oreos, and in Mexico you can get a triple layered chocolate Oreo.
- ...that there are many ways to eat an Oreo? Kraft foods reports that 50% of all Oreo eaters pull apart their cookies before eating.
- ...that Oreos have a giant fan base? Oreo ranks among the top 5 brand Facebook pages in the world!
Why not celebrate by making a delicious dessert with Oreos? CLICK HERE for a list of some yummy ideas!