But actually, there are lots of winter produce items in your grocery stores this month!
The Huffington Post put this list together of March Superfoods!
- Collard Greens: rich in potassium, fiber, and vitamins A and C!
- Scallions: related to the onion; an antioxidant found in the onion/garlic/scallion family seems to play a role in cancer prevention!
- Turnips: good source of potassium, fiber, and vitamin C. Their greens are also edible -- they're full of iron and calcium!
- Radishes: spicy member of the cabbage family, and very low in calories! They're rich in fiber, folate, and potassium!
- Artichokes: packed with fiber and vitamin C and K. They're also one of the USDA's top 10 most antioxidant-rich foods!