The Mission of the Kendrick Fincher Hydration Foundation is to be a leader in the promotion of hydration and in the prevention of heat illness through education and supporting activities.
Improved safety for athletes and a reduction in the number of injuries and death from heat related causes for all ages.
• Children should have adequate access to water throughout the school day to maintain proper hydration
• Athletes should have frequent water/sports drink breaks
• Athletes should be able to get a drink at any time during practices
• Coaches should be trained in heat illness prevention and emergency procedures
• Parents should understand their child’s hydration needs and encourage proper hydration