Its mission is to protect and heal kids caught in dangerous situations, and you can help the Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter do just that.
The shelter takes in kids who've fallen victim to family violence, neglect, and physical and sexual abuse.
It's a non-profit organization that survives off of grants and donations, and workers released their updated needs list on Monday, September 10.
Right now baby food and bras for teen girls are desperately needed, as are different sizes of kids' clothing.
Here's a complete list of the shelter's needs this month:
- Teen girls' bras (sizes 32-38 B, C and D)
- Baby foods (No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3)
- Girls' pants (size 5-6)
- Girls' fall pj's (sizes 6-8, 10-12, 14-16)
- Girls' underwear (size 6)
- Girls' socks (size medium - shoe size 10 - 4)
- Boys' and girls' shoes (sizes 1 and up)
- Boys' fall pajamas (sizes 10-12, 14-16)
- Teen girls' fall shirts and pants (all sizes)
- Gift cards for gas to transport residents
- Hand soap refills
- Boys' pull-up diapers (3T-4T)
- Boys' & girls' pull-up diapers (4T-5T and XL - for kids over 40 pounds)
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Body wash
- Nail polish remover
- Infant and children's Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Aleve (Naproxen)
- Water bottles
- Copier paper
(Please contact Frankie at firstname.lastname@example.org or (479) 795-2417 for more details on each specific need)
- 4 new matching crib sets for nursery
- Changing Table (industrial strength) for preschool aged children
- Industrial Commercial Mixer for nutrition program
- Become a committee member: contact Frankie Rankin for more information email@example.com.
- Volunteer individually or as a group: contact Shannon Campbell for more information firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations are accepted at the NWA Children's Shelter:
- Every weekday except Wednesday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Alternate donation drop off location: Samaritan Shop Store located in Frisco Station Mall in Rogers.
For additional information, please call or e-mail:
- Frankie Rankin at email@example.com or (479) 795-2417, ext. 311.
- Linda Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org or (479) 795-2417, ext. 312.
- Text CHILD10 to 20222 to donate $10 to NWA Children's Shelter via your mobile phone.