If you're wanting to bring your generator or gas heater inside, you'll want to think twice.
"As one inhales, takes in carbon monoxide, it displaces oxygen cells in our blood. So, what we don't want to see people doing is putting a gas fired, gas powered generator in a garage with the door closed or an enclosed porch," said Rich Davis with Source Gas Arkansas.
Davis said there could also be other things to watch for in your home.
"The danger's just not generators. It can be faulty water heater and that can be oil fire, that can be natural gas fire," said Davis. "We see this as an opportunity. Whether it's installing carbon monoxide detectors, having your furnace checked annually. Those are two things one can do to ensure home safety. It's always better to be safe than sorry."
For Carbon Monoxide tips, click here.