Malachi Crane got more than he bargained for during his business trip to Northwest Arkansas.
"About midnight or so last night, the fire alarm started going off. At first, I kind of sat there and thought it's just going to be a short thing and they're going to be a short thing and they're going to turn it off and they kept going," said Crane.
He was just one of the Hampton Inn customers evacuated because of a carbon monoxide leak. A leak that also sent at least four people to the hospital, leaving other hotel visitors standing out in the cold.
"Luckily, I had the mindset to get my coat because we were out there for a while." said Crane.
For others, the situation was downright dangerous.
"They told us right away that one gentlemen was in serious condition. When the police showed up, that's what I knew it was pretty serious. We sat around for a while and finally they started coming over and talking to us and they said three or four different people had reported symptoms of carbon monoxide. One gentlemen actually passed out as he was checking in," said Crane.
Source gas worked overnight to clear out the hotel. After the all clear, guests were give the option of staying elsewhere for the night. The hotel is back open for business.