Nearly two thirds of the mothers said they're more cautious behind the wheel since giving birth, but that's not what is being seen on the road. Statistically, accidents while a baby is on board are rising.
"It's become part of our culture to not just drive, but to drive and do twenty other things," said Kate Carr , president and CEO of Safe Kids Worldwide. "The problem is multi-tasking in the car can lead to tragedies."
Some statistics from the study:
- 78% of mothers with children under the age of 2 said they talk on the phone while driving with their children in the car
- 26% say they text or check email while driving
- 64% of moms say they have turned around to deal with their baby in the back seat while driving
- 55% of moms admit to driving above the speed limit with their baby in the car when they're in a rush
- Nearly 10% of new moms have actually been in a crash while driving with their baby
"When you place your baby in their car seat, put your phone in your purse," she said. "I want the both of you to travel safely. There are plenty of family road trips ahead."
To read more about this survey, CLICK HERE.
Something's Brewing in Northwest Arkansas
It's American Craft Beer Week, and the people of Northwest Arkansas have plenty of places to celebrate.
Springdale Animal Shelter Expansion Underway
It's the busy season at the Springdale Animal Shelter, sending staff scrambling to find space for new arrivals, but some much needed help is just...
Candice Glover Wins American Idol
Candice Glover Wins Season 12 of American Idol.
Arkansas falls in series opener at Auburn
Arkansas drops to 34-18 overall and 17-10 in Southeastern Conference play
Electronic Traffic Ticket System Being Tested by State Police
A new electronic traffic ticket system is currently being tested by State Police.