Kindergarten registration in Rogers starts this week.
According to the district, your child must be 5-years-old on or before August 1, 2013 to enroll.
Sign up dates are Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Registration forms are available online.
The following documents are required to enroll:
- One of the following identification items: A copy of the child's birth certificate; hospital record; an attested baptism certificate; a passport; a statement by the local registrar or county recorder; an affidavit of the date and place of birth by the child's parents or guardian or a united states military identification.
- An identification number for the student (a social security number or request that the school assign a number).
- Completed immunization record including 4 doses of diptheria, tetanus, pertussis with 1 dose on or after the 4th birthday, 3 doses of polio with 1 dose on or after the 4th birthday (if 4 or more doses does not have to have a dose on or after 4th birthday), 2 doses mmr (measles, mumps, rubella) With 1 dose on or after the first birthday, 3 doses of hepatitis b and 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) With 1 dose on or after the first birthday and dose 2 at least 28 days after dose 1.
- Proof of address within the district boundaries, which may be verified with one of the following sets of documents:
1. A current real-estate property tax receipt and a current utility bill showing the name and address of the student's parent or legal guardian.
2. A rental or lease agreement and a current utility bill showing the name and address of the student's parent or legal guardian.
3. Copies of a current utility bill from two different utility companies showing the name and address of the parent or legal guardian.
If all the necessary proof of address documents are not provided, parents will be asked to bring the documents they have to the district administrative office to sign an affidavit.
- Current proof of a physical examination within the past 24 months or within 90 days after the student's initial enrollment in kindergarten. This exam is required by the state.
Registration will be conducted at all district elementary schools. Students will register at their attendance boundary school. Some boundary changes will occur with the opening of Janie Darr Elementary School. If your address is affected by the boundary change, the district will contact you as soon as possible. Children should attend registration with their parents. The children will be screened for kindergarten readiness as part of the registration process.
To access attendance boundary information, go to the district's web site or call the Transportation Office at (479) 631-3519.